Jumu’ah 1:30pm, Youth Lecture 3:30pm
Welcome to Sammamish Mosque!
Assalamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you),
Welcome to Sammamish and Sammamish Mosque! We are the local Masjid (mosque) located in the heart of Sammamish serving both Issaquah and Sammamish. Read more
This week’s events:
Community Updates (via Facebook):
Sammamish Mosque shared Muslim Association of Puget Sound - MAPS's event.
4 days ago
Sammamish Mosque is working with MAPS-MCRC and Bloodworks to help arrange this blood drive. Please register at mcrcseattle.org/?p=1603 and help save some lives!
Is there a better way to spend Black Friday than by buying a share of paradise!
Bloodworks Northwest Blood Drive at MAPS
MAPS-MCRC is organizing a Blood Drive in partnership with Bloodworks Northwest. Please join us and help save lives!
Please register at mcrcseattle.org/?p=1603. We look forward to seeing you and thank you for your contribution in advance! ... See MoreSee Less
If only you could extend it until 4:30 or 5 pm so we can come after work :/
Assalamu Alaikum / Peace Be Upon You ,
Insha Allah, we will have the following programs/ events in Sammamish masjid this week.
Highlights for this week@SMA:
- Scheduled regular after school Quran classes,
- Sunday classes,
- Tajweed classes,
- Sisters yoga,
- Soccer training
Big upcoming event:
On Dec 9 12:30-3pm, we will be holding our annual elections with a potluck lunch. There are 4 Board of Directors positions and 1 Board of Trustees positions open. Please nominate those who can serve (or nominate yourself!) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then join us on Dec 9 to vote in our elections.
Lunch program is available after Jumuah Salat. All donations go to the mosque. To participate in the lunch program contact secretary or donate online.
- New to to the community: Register at goo.gl/forms/g3f2k1k28Dx092Ch1
- Wanted to participate as a volunteer. send email to email@example.com
- For Donations: Donate at www.sammamishmosque.com/donate/
If you have any questions/concerns/recommendations, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jazakum Allahu Khairn
Sammamish Masjid ... See MoreSee Less
Assalamu Alaikum / Peace be Upon you,
It is time for our community's annual elections. This year we'll have four Board of Directors and One Board of Trustee positions open for elections. This is the time for all of the community members to take an active part in the process of selecting leadership for our Masjid and the community, who can accelerate our journey to excellence in making our Masjid the best place to worship, an exemplary Islamic educational school, a heartwarming community center and a welcoming Dawah center.
You can participate by nominating an active and dedicated community member or even better, step up to take the challenge to serve the Masjid and nominate yourself for the open positions.
General Assembly and Election Schedule :
Date: December 9th, 2017 (Saturday)
Venue: Sammamish Masjid
Lunch: Community Potluck
A neutral Election Committee has been formed to handle the nomination and election process. The committee consists of Br Mizan Rashid and Br Mizan Rahman. Please send all your nominations to: email@example.com
- Board of Directors : Four positions - Term duration 2 years
- Board of Trustees : One position - Term duration 3 years
How you can participate:
- Please send your nominations with name of the nominee, short Bio, and the reason our community should elect the nominee to firstname.lastname@example.org. All nominees should meet the SMA bylaws requirements mentioned below.
- Join us on the election day to vote and participate in the General Assembly meeting.
Who can run, per our Bylaws:
- Be an adult, practicing Muslim known for his Islamic manners and morals in his community and organization dealings
- Be a regular attendee to the Mosque and regular participant in Mosque activities
- Be committed to supporting the SMA financially
- Be a member of the SMA [community] for a minimum of one year (except the initial year)
- For the Board of Trustee role, in addition to the above requirements, the nominee should have served on the board of directors previously with good standing
- And above all, comes with a generous big heart and an aptitude of serving the community.
The community is growing, Alhamdulillah, and so are its needs. Let us do our part to strengthen our Masjid and the community center.
Jazakum Allahu Khairan,
On behalf of Board of Trustees and Board of Directors ... See MoreSee Less