Founded as part of the Sammamish Mosque in 2006 and further expanded in 2016 under the SMA Imam Sheikh Nabil, the SMA School is committed to teaching the Arabic language and providing Islamic education to children of the Sammamish and neighboring Muslim communities. The SMA School is dedicated to nurturing spiritual growth and developing God consciousness through the teachings of Islam and the Qur’an.
The SMA School aims to develop, for its students, self-assurance as American Muslims with a commitment to honoring family, community involvement, and respecting others. The SMA School strives to instill ethical values in the students towards becoming productive and responsible members of our society and developing the consciousness about Allah through the teachings of Islam and the Qur’an.
- Preserving the Islamic identity;
- Developing an association between the students and the Masjid;
- Providing basic knowledge of the five pillars of Islam;
- Teaching students Arabic as a means of understanding the Quran;
- Guiding students to apply Qur’anic principles and morals in their daily lives;
- Developing God consciousness and using prophetic examples as a model to be emulated throughout life;
- Fostering responsibility to Allah, society, and the environment.