In the name of God the most Merciful, the most compassionate.
Alsalaam Aleekum Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatuh / Peace be upon you:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ
“O you who believe, fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you may (learn) self-restraint.” Qur’an 2:183
Ramadan Kareem Brothers & Sisters!
The Sammamish Muslim Association (SMA) has decided to follow ISNA’s Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) to determine the first day of Ramadan 1442H and first day of Shawwal 1442H. According to ISNA’s Fiqh Council, the first day of Ramadan 1442H will be on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 and the first day of Shawwal/Eid ul-Fitr will be on Thursday, May 13, 2021. The first Taraweeh prayer will start on Monday, April 12, 2021 night and first day of fasting will be on Tuesday, April 13, 2021, insh'Allah.
Please find the salaah times for Ramadan above. For the duration of Ramadan, Fajr salaat will follow adhan stated in the Ramadan prayer timings above rather than the website iqama times.
Taraweeh will immediately follow Ishaa adhan, insh'Allah. Registration for Taraweeh will follow the same protocol as Jummah salaat, with registration through eventbrite links sent through weekly emails, insh'Allah. Registration links will additionally be accessible through www.sammamishmosque.com/
- Children under 10 and unvaccinated 62+ will not be allowed to attend congregational prayers due to the pandemic
- Please do wudu at home and bring your own prayer mats. There are no open bathroom facilities in the masjid.
- No food is allowed on masjid premises
- Please park in the parking lot or find appropriate street parking. Please see on this page for map on nearby street parking, where green lines indicate valid street parking http://www.sammamishmosque.com/contact-us/.
- Sisters will have a designated location in the women's prayer area and the back room
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before Isha adhan to allow ample time for screening. Once Isha Salaat starts, late arrivals will not be admitted inside the masjid as there will be no one to do check-in.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times with those outside of your household. All individuals must remain masked at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- Please know that there will be at least one security guard present for the taraweeh, and they will not allow admission inside masjid after Isha salaat begins. Please be respectful to the security guard as they are only following instructions.
|#24||Wednesday, May 5||10:10pm||https://www.eventbrite.com/e/isha-and-taraweeh-24-tickets-150404950255|
|#25||Thursday, May 6||10:12pm||https://www.eventbrite.com/e/isha-and-taraweeh-25-tickets-150405479839|
|#26||Friday, May 7||10:15pm||https://www.eventbrite.com/e/isha-and-taraweeh-26-tickets-150405768703|
|#27||Saturday, May 8||10:17pm||https://www.eventbrite.com/e/isha-and-taraweeh-27-tickets-150406137807|
|#28||Sunday, May 9||10:19pm||https://www.eventbrite.com/e/isha-and-taraweeh-28-tickets-150406573109|
|#29||Monday, May 10||10:21pm||https://www.eventbrite.com/e/isha-and-taraweeh-29-tickets-150406982333|
|#30||Tuesday, May 11||10:23pm||https://www.eventbrite.com/e/isha-and-taraweeh-30-tickets-150407439701|
Tahajjud prayers will insh'Allah be held at Sammamish Mosque in the last ten days of Ramadan, from Monday, May 3, 2021 to Wednesday, May 12, 2021. The time will be from 1:30 am to 2:30am, insh'Allah.
Ramadan Food Drive
Due to the pandemic, we cannot have our weekly community iftar, but we can donate that money to those that are needy in our community, gaining ajar from Allah, the best of rewards.
Please donate generously at www.sammamishmosque.com and select donate to Ramadan Gift Card Drive.
Insh'Allah Sammamish Mosque will be distributing gift cards through a drive-thru event on Saturday, April 24, 2021 from 2pm - 4pm.
Ramadan Qur'an Tafseer Class
Our Imam, Sheikh Abdullahi Egal, will be conducting in-depth tafseer of Surah al-Hujarat on Wednesdays at 6pm. Please join in from HERE.
SMA Ramadan Fundraiser
Ramadan Kahoot: Islamic Studies Competition for Kids
Sammamish Mosque is having a vitual Kahoot competition for kids on Sunday, May 2, 2021 from 4:30pm-5:30pm. Please register at bit.ly/kahootSMA. Deadline to register is Sunday, April 25, 2021.