يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ
“O you who believe, fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you may (learn) self-restraint.” Qur’an 2:183
The Sammamish Muslim Association (SMA) boards would like to congratulate our community on the arrival of Ramadan! As a community, we should feel lucky to witness this blessed month again; and should strive to dedicate this month to worshipping, renewing, and strengthening our connection with our creator, Allah (swt). May Allah help all of us hold steadfast to praying, fasting, reading Quran, and giving charity during this month. May Allah strengthen our imaan, bless our community, and accept from us all.
Ramadan and Taraweeh
Per our Imam’s previous communication, Ramadan will start on Saturday, May 27th and will end on Sunday, June 24th for the year of 1438 AH (2017). The first night of Taraweeh will be on May 26th Insha’Allah. Here is the link to SMA Ramadan calendar. This year we have extra blessing as our Imam, Sheikh Nabil, will lead almost all the Taraweh prayers.
- Weekly community Iftar every Saturday, please join us. Would you be able to sponsor several plates? Please sponsor an Iftar.
- Tahajood every night 30 minutes before Fajr Salat
- Iteekaf, TBD
- Quran memorization competition on Sunday June 18th
- Taraweeh program for kids every Friday and Saturday during Taraweeh
- Ramadan photography competition
Parking to maximize use of spots
– Park close to other cars or as directed
– Car pool to the extent possible
– Follow our parking helpers’ directions
Stop outside noise out of respect to neighbors
– Avoid talking loud outside
– Make sure your kids are not playing outside
Avoid inside noise out of respect to congregants trying to attain Khosho’
– Maintain quiet when people are performing Salat.
– Be mindful of the noise your children making
May Allah accept from all of us, give us the wisdom and guidance, and forgive all our sins. Don’t forget to give and forgive!