Sammamish Muslim Association Newsletter
Issue 01/2022 | Friday, Jumada Al-Akhirah 04, 1443 / January 07, 2022
Friday Prayer (Khutbah)
- Jumaah #1 — 12:15 pm – 12:45 pm by Imam Abullah Egal
Message from the President
Salam dear brothers and sisters,
I wish you and your family a Bright, Healthy and Prosperous New Year 2022.
2021 was a special year in the history of this community. Together, we were able to accomplish quite a bit with the help of Allah, phenomenal volunteers, distinguished board and exceptional community members. Below are few of our accomplishments from last year:
- Secure initial funds to kickstart construction thanks to your generous contributions.
- Commence the masjid construction.
- Setup COVID-19 vaccination camps at the masjid.
- Distributed over $100,000 to the needy families.
- Setup alternate arrangement for Jumah & daily prayers in the trailers.
- Distributed over 200 food gift cards to the needy families.
- Perform Eid celebrations and picnics with social distancing.
I’m very excited for 2022 as we march towards the objectives of completing the construction and resuming regular religious, education, and social activities in the new house of Allah. We look forward to everyone’s support and participation.
May Allah Bless You All.
2022 Board of Directors
- Hichem Zait – President
- Abdul Qadeer Khan – Vice President & Outreach
- Hazem Katabi – Treasurer
- Mohamed Nimeri – Secretary
- Malek Hamaydeh – Facility & Education
- Sadia Syed – Website & Social Media
- Arshad Ali – Events & Programs
2022 Board of Trustees
- Rehan Bashar – Board Chair
- Mohammed Luqman – Construction Manager
- Qazafi Qureshi – Trustee
Given the rapid increase in COVID cases due to Omicron, please take note of the following measures and reminders:
- Please make sure to have masks on at all times while in the facility.
- If you are feeling sick, have COVID symptoms, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 then please stay home.
- We strongly encourage everyone to get fully vaccinated and the booster dose.
- Proof of vaccination for anyone over 12 years old may be required. Please have your vaccination proof ready for our staff to verify at the entrance.
- We encourage high-risk individuals (65 years+ or having underlying medical conditions) to avoid congregational prayers. Per CDC data, this group is likely to get the severe illness from COVID.
- Please avoid shaking hands, hugging, and physical contact after prayers, even if you’ve been fully vaccinated.
With the grace and blessings of Allah (swt), we have started the construction of the new Sammamish Mosque. The Sammamish Muslim Association is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is building the Mosque in Sammamish to benefit our community in Sammamish, Issaquah and the surrounding areas. READ MORE ON OUR WEBSITE
22011 SE 20th St, Sammamish, WA 98075