Assalamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you),
( عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهم عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ خَيْرُكُمْ مَنْ تَعَلَّمَ الْقُرْآنَ وَعَلَّمَهُ … )
“The best among you are those who learn the Quran and those who teach it.”–Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).
Welcome to Sammamish and Sammamish Mosque! We are the local mosque (Masjid) located in the heart of Sammamish and serving both Issaquah and Sammamish. Alhamdulillah, we are a growing community of Muslims from diverse backgrounds working together to strengthen our faith and foster our community.
Alhamdulillah, Sammamish Mosque (Masjid) was founded to offer a place for the Eastside Seattle Muslim communities to:
- Congregate for prayers (daily, Jumuah, Taraweeh, and Eid),
- Educate congregants and the youth about Quran and Islam,
- Foster a sense of community among congregants and neighbors.
The mosque is governed by the Sammamish Muslim Association (SMA) Board of Directors and Board of Trustees.
SMA By-Laws: SMA By-Laws 3.0
In 2002, four community members founded Sammamish Muslim Association and rented various facilities to congregate for prayers until 2010, when Allah (SWT) blessed the community to purchase the current property. Our Masjid sits in the heart of Sammamish with plenty of green areas on both North and East and Pine Lake towards South West. It is in a residential area and is close to several local schools.
To make the best use of the property, we built a parking lot in 2014. In 2016, we did minor remodeling to create additional space for our congregation, and hired an esteemed Imam, Sheikh Nabil Sallam. As a result, we are now able to offer many Islamic education programs and have started getting our community together more often. These activities have led to a significant increase in congregants attending prayer (Salat) at the Masjid. And to accommodate our continued growth, we are planning on significant remodeling in 2017 also Insha’Allah.
This successful story is possible only due to Allah’s blessings, the community’s hard work, and the wisdom of the leadership. Since its founding, SMA board of directors and trustees have relied on the Holy Quran as our guide and followed the just, moderate, and balanced view of Islam as Allah mandates in the Quran.
Allah has blessed us with many ways to connect:
- 5 times a day for prayer at the Masjid, as well as Jumuah, Taraweeh, and Eid prayers,
- Educational programs for youth and adults (e.g. Sunday School, Quran recitation classes),
- Social events (e.g. community picnics, youth groups),
- Community programs (e.g. meeting with the local school board),
- Opportunities to contribute your time, your talent and your resources to strengthen your community and to earn rewards from Allah (swt).
Jazakum Allahu Khairan (May Allah reward you with goodness)
Sammamish Muslim Association Board of Directors