12:30 pm - 1st Jumuah
1:30 pm - 2nd Jumuah
SMA - Election Announcement and upcoming board selection
Insha'Allah this message finds you well and in the best of health. We wanted to share an update about our board elections and membership drive.
For the duration of the year 2022, we have been operating under exceptional and unprecedented circumstances. Our main focus was the completion of the construction while also ensuring that daily prayers and weekly Jumuahs are uninterrupted. The construction has experienced many delays, some due to design and approvals from various city authorities, post COVID material availability, costs, and labor shortages. The completion date has been a moving target with many unknowns on the horizon. As a result, the election preparation was a bit delayed.
We would like to let you know that the membership registration is now open until the end of December 2022 (http://www.sammamishmosque.com/voting-member-registration/) and an election will be scheduled by the end of January 2023 (instead of end of December 2022) subject to receiving appropriate registrations for memberships and qualified nominations. As a reminder, to be a member who has the right to vote and run for positions on the Board, it is required that the member has to have completed the annual SMA registration process. For the 2022 elections, there are four open positions on the Board of Directors (BoD) and 1 open position on the Board of Trustees (BoT). Please refer to Articles 3 and 9 of our Bylaws for more details on the membership and election process and nominations.
Jazakum Allahu Khairan for all that you do to support the community, our wonderful Masjid and for your understanding of the need for continuity during this important transition time.
On behalf of Board of Directors and Trustees,
Secretary, Sammamish Muslim Association (SMA) - Sammamish Al-Noor Mosque
Alhumdulilah the SMA Mosque Construction is now complete !!
Alhumduli'llah by the immense grace and bounties of Allah, and the tireless efforts and contributions of the community members, we have completed the mosque construction.
Ma'Sha 'Allah, Ta'barak'Allah we have also started praying all the prayers in the new Masjid. Please join us and bring your kids, family, members and friends. قُل بِفَضلِ اللَّهِ وَبِرَحمَتِهِ فَبِذٰلِكَ فَليَفرَحوا هُوَ خَيرٌ مِمّا يَجمَعونَ﴾ [يونس: 58]
(58) Say, "In the bounty of Allāh and in His mercy - in that let them rejoice; it is better than what they accumulate."
- English Meanings [Yūnus: 58]
Jumaah and Congregational Prayers
Starting Friday, 11/17, we will have two Jumaah Salaats and if it helps, we will keep continuing.
Both Salaats will be led by our Sheikh (Imam) Ahmed Manasrah and will have repeat of the same Khutbah.
- Note -
- Musallees coming for the 1st Salaat are requested to please move your car as soon as you can to leave the parking space open for musallees coming for the 2nd Salaat.
- A few of the brothers from our community have graciously agreed to volunteer as parking attendants this Friday. Please follow their parking instructions!
- Board sincerely requests everyone in the community, to, please – o Follow the parking guidelines, as below, as any unauthorized parking may cause discomfort to our neighbors and would result them calling cops again to issue tickets or tow away your car.
- Park your car in designated parking spots in the main parking lot – Do not park at other places that block entry/exit or in fire lanes.
- Once the main parking lot is full, consider it closed and then proceed to park in street 222nd Ave SE, 216th Ave SE or 215th PL SE. Do not park in the red zones as indicated on the map below. The map shows in green the roads that can be used for parking
SMA Mosque Parking
The map shows in green the roads that can be used for parking. Do not park in the red zones & observe traffic and parking requirements.
Parking at the front of the masjid is only for the ADA (Parking for people with disabilities) and reserved spot for Imam. Again, do not use these spots in any other circumstances and instead use the main parking lot or the street parking for overflow, as indicated on the map above.
Please note that parking on the grass area is no longer permitted.
IBSEN towing company will be posting notifications, before Friday Salaats, all around the main parking lot and in-front of the masjid. If they still notice any violation, they are authorized to tow away your car as we cannot afford to park in fire lanes or block entrance or other cars as it creates safety hazard risking lives and the city approval
Imam Daily & Weekly Programs
- The Quran Halaqa for Brothers and Tafseer lesson after Fajr continues daily with Imam Ahmed. Hadith Lesson Imam Ahmed will also continue the Hadith lesson but will switch it to after Isha prayer daily in shaa’ Allah.
- Noraniah Classes: This course consists of 17 lessons which will be covered in approximately 17-25 lectures depending on the native language of the student and his/her previous knowledge of Arabic language.
- For brothers - Saturday 11 am to 12 pm
- For sisters - Saturday 12 pm to 1:30 pm
- Registration OPEN for SMA School 2022/2023
- Family halaqa to happen every other Friday after Isha Salaat, starting Friday (11/11/2022). Families are welcome to bring tea and dessert to share and enjoy!
- Office Hours with Imam
- For brothers - Sat/Mon/Wed - from 6 pm to 8 pm
- For sisters – Friday – from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm Sunday Morning with Imam
- Also, every Sunday after Fajr, there will be a small potluck breakfast with the Imam. Please join us, and kids are welcome.
SMA has partnered with Al Hidayah Academy for Pre-School, Sunday and After-School programs for Arabic and Quran. Here are some of the programs being offered currently. You can check details about these programs and register on the website https://www.alhidayahacademy.com/
Sunday School is a mix of learning between Quran, Arabic, and Islamic studies. Students are divided into different levels based on knowledge. The program will run from 10 am to 1 pm. Sunday School | Al Hidayah Academy
This program will run twice a week, and will include Quran memorization with tajweed rules, Tafsir, Quaidah Nooraniyah, and Islamic studies. Lear more about this program. Quran Class | Al Hidayah Academy
Apart from learning the Arabic language, this program also consists of a deeper understanding and thorough grammar, text study, and other essential subjects taught through the beautiful Arabic language. Arabic Class | Al Hidayah Academy
The preschool program can be half day, with a choice of AM, PM or both, from Monday to Thursday. This also includes Quran memorization with tajweed, Arabic, Islamic studies, English, Math, Science and so forth. Preschool | Al Hidayah Academy